There are only 24 countries whose citizens can enter Vietnam visa-free, with the period permitted depending on the applicant’s country of nationality. All other foreign passport holders must obtain an online visa for Vietnam from an Embassy or Consulate unless coming from one of the 80 Vietnam eVisa-eligible countries. The Vietnam electronic visa is available through a simple online application which only takes a few minutes and allows a stay of up to 30 days for tourism and a range of other purposes.
How To Apply for a Vietnam eVisa Online ?
The Vietnam online visa application only takes 3 minutes to complete and it saves the hassle of going to an embassy or queueing at the border for a visa. The online form is straightforward and only requires applicants to fill in some basic personal and passport information and travel details, as well as answer a few security-related questions.
Eligible foreign citizens traveling for a short stay for under 30 days can pre-register a simple application online before traveling and receive the online eVisa for Vietnam via email in PDF format in their inbox.
Documents Required to Apply Vietnamese Visa Online
- Device with internet connection
- Have a passport valid for at least 30 days upon entry, with 2 free pages to receive a stamp at the Vietnam border
- Provide a digital scan of the biographical page of their passport.
- Supply a digital passport-style photo (dimensions of 4x6cm), in which the applicant is looking straight into the camera and not wearing anything that obstructs their face.
Vietnam Online Visa Application Process
Completing the Vietnam eVisa Application Form
Review and Confirm Visa Fee Payment
Receiving the Approved Online Visa
Completing the Vietnam eVisa Application Form
Filling out the Vietnam online visa application is simple and only takes a few minutes. Applicants answer a range of questions by entering information such as their name, address, nationality, date of birth, and passport information such as travel document number and issue/expiry date.
There are also some questions regarding health and vaccinations history, travel plans including the address in Vietnam where the applicant is staying, and security, in order to pre-identify any public safety risks to the country. However, in total the eVisa or online Visa form does not take more than several minutes to complete.
Review and Confirm e-Visa Fee Payment
To submit the Vietnam visa application form online it is necessary to review all the information provided and pay a fee using a credit or debit card. It should be noted that this payment is non-refundable even if the eVisa is unused.
Any inaccuracies or incomplete answers on the Vietnam eVisa form can lead to delays in receiving the PDF copy or or even rejection of the Vietnamese online Visa application. It is therefore essential to carefully enter and revise the personal and passport information and responses to the questions to avoid complications.
Vietnam Online Visa Application Processing Time
From the moment the Vietnam Immigration Department receives the completed form and full eVisa fee, the Vietnam online visa application takes approximately 3 business days to process. On rare occasions, the process can take longer, especially if the submitted form contains errors or inaccuracies.
Applicants are advised to apply at least 7 days before their trip to allow plenty of time for their Vietnam online visa registration to be processed and the PDF copy of the visa to be sent to the email address provided during the application.
Receiving the Approved Vietnam Visa Application
Approved Vietnam eVisas are sent to applicants by email in PDF format. It is necessary to print a copy of the eVisa to present at the Vietnamese border alongside their passport to gain entry. Applicants with 2 passports should use the same passport to both apply for the Vietnamese visa and to enter the country, as Vietnam visas are not transferable between passports.
The validity period of the eVisa for Vietnam starts from the date supplied during the application and specified on the physical PDF document, and travelers can enter the country on any date following this within the validity period. If the traveler wishes to enter Vietnam or renew the Vietnam online Visa before the agreed period of validity, it will be necessary to complete a new application, the approval of which will cancel the previous eVisa.
Who Can Apply for an Online eVisa for Vietnam?
To enjoy a holiday in Vietnam and discover its various attractions, passport holders from the following 81 eligible countries can apply for the Vietnam online Visa.
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
- San Marino
- Solomon Islands
- South Korea
- Timor Leste
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
Advantages to Applying for Vietnam Online eVisa
- Online application available 24/7/365.
- Review of application by visa experts before submission to the Vietnamese Government.
- Correction of incorrect/missing information by visa experts e.g.: crosscheck passport data with our advanced API technology.
- Privacy protection and secure form.
- Verification and validation of additional information by experts.
- Photo and documents editing. We accept all formats (PDF, JPG, PNG) and sizes up to 8MB.
- Email support and assistance 24/7/365 by visa experts in a range of languages: English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Arabic, and several more.
- Approved Insurance Policy. A full refund if your eVisa application is denied.
- Multiple Methods of Payment used worldwide: Visa, Mastercard, Amex, JCB, Maestro, Discover, Diners Club, Alipay, and Unionpay.