Vietnam is one of the most popular countries to travel to in Southeast Asia. The main reason: there are several big and small cities within Vietnamese borders that have everything a traveler could ever want, from beaches to nightlife, nature, adventure, and culture. Over 15 million people over the course of 2018 though the same and decided to become one of Vietnam’s international arrivals.
However, there is another reason why the Asian nation is so popular among travelers: a few years ago, in 2017, Vietnam launched a new electronic tourist visa program to ease the process of entering the country for tourists around the globe. This system is mostly known as Vietnamese eVisa.
As a general rule, this online travel authorization covers 3 main needs:
- It is easy to apply for
- The processing time is under 3 days
- It can be completed online
In other words, the main advantage of an eVisa to travel to Vietnam is that it takes less than 15 minutes to apply for, and since it is an electronic form, the process can be made from any device connected to the Internet and from the comfort of the applicant’s remote location.
A total of 81 nations are able to obtain a Vietnamese eVisa. In this regard, Lithuanian citizens meet the eligibility criteria set by the Southeast Asian country to apply for an electronic tourist visa.
Vietnamese Visa Entry Requirements for Lithuanians
Travelers from Lithuania who plan to apply for a Vietnamese eVisa must gather a few items before they can start their application. The Vietnam visa requirements for Lithuanian citizens include the following:
- A valid Lithuanian passport: The applicant must have a valid biometric passport issued by Lithuanian authorities. The passport must contain at least two empty pages and must be valid for at least 6 months after the date that the applicant plans to enter Vietnam.
- The traveler’s personal information: The Vietnam eVisa application will ask travelers various questions regarding their personal situation, passport information, health history, and travel itinerary. It is recommended to keep passport and travel confirmation slips nearby while filling out the application so that it is easier to access this information.
- A digital photo of the applicant: Applicants will need to upload a clear and recent photo of themselves that was taken within the last six months.
- A valid form of payment: In order to submit the application and be considered for a Vietnamese eVisa, Lithuanians will need to pay the visa fee with a valid debit or credit card.
- A working email address: Applicants must have a valid and working email address in order to receive news and notifications about the status of their Vietnamese eVisa.
How to Apply Online for Vietnamese Visa from Lithuania
After the applicant has gathered all of the required documents, he or she is ready to start an online application.
The process of filling out the Vietnam visa application form for Lithuanians takes about 15 minutes. Travelers can enjoy the convenience and speed of applying for the Vietnamese travel authorization over the internet, since there is no need to wait in line at the consulate, gather tons of paperwork, or have an in-person interview with an immigration officer.
The application starts by asking travelers about their:
- First and last name, contact information, and date of birth.
- Passport number, nationality, and issue/expiration date
- Vaccination history
- Itinerary of the trip to Vietnam
After the first part of the application is done, travelers will be asked to upload a digital photo of themselves and pay the eVisa fee before they can successfully submit the application.
Travelers can expect to wait between one to three business days to have their visa for Vietnam from Lithuania processed. However, in rare cases, it may take longer if there is an increase in demand for visas or if it happens to be during the peak tourist season.
Once travelers have their eVisa approved, they will need to print out a copy of their confirmed eVisa to show to the border officer when they arrive in Vietnam.
Vietnam Visas Available for Lithuanian Passport Holders
There are currently two types of Vietnamese visas available for Lithuanian travelers:
The first is the Vietnamese electronic visa. This is a single-entry visa that is valid for 30 days from the date of issue. The Vietnam eVisa can be used for a variety of purposes, including tourism, business, visiting family, investment in the local economy, journalistic activities, and to study. Travelers can enter Vietnam visa land, sea, or air if they hold an eVisa.
Travelers can also apply for the Vietnam visa on arrival, also called a VoA, which is still available for a duration of 30 or 60 days, although immigration authorities have confirmed that many of the VoA kiosks are being removed from their ports of entry.
Please be also aware the visa on arrival is only suited for passengers who are arriving at any one of the main airports in Vietnam, and cannot be applied for at a land border. However, we recommend applying for an electronic visa in advance in order to save time on paperwork and waiting in line.